Thursday, June 20, 2013

Wedding Link Up!

     Be prepared for a crazy influx of pictures... did I mention I love them?? We got engaged in February 2012 and got married January 5th 2013. So I had a good time to plan the wedding. We did almost everything ourselves... like made almost everything. And I sometimes wish we had eloped and just kept the money. But looking back at the pictures, I really did love our wedding day. The planning was just stressful.

button
    
LOCATION: This is one thing I might change about our wedding. It was just about 2 hours from our home and both of our hometowns. It was a ranch with cabins (all our wedding party and family stayed in the cabins so that was GREAT) and it had a reception hall and a beautiful little chapel. That part was awesome! It was just a long drive for everyone.

During the Ceremony

     COLORS: Purple and silver. It was a winter wedding and I loved these colors. These were also the colors of the college I went to and Ryan's high school colors. It related to both of us. They ended up looking great together.
These were my hot awesome amazing purple shoes

My beautiful flowers with my grandma's silver broach on it... needed her with me that day

     BRIDAL PARTY: I had 5 Bridesmaids, Ryan had 6 Groomsmen but one the guy's grandfather's died and the funeral was that day, so we ended up with 5 and 5. We had the CUTEST 2 flower girls and 1 ring bearer (my nieces and my little brother). My bridesmaids were my sister Rebecca, my best friend (like a sister) Krystal, my friend Mary, my friend Cayla, and my sister in law Leah. Ryan had his brother Chris, my brother Casey, and his friends Jerry, Jason, and Corey.
Leah, Rebecca, me, Krystal, Cayla, Mary

LOVE this picture
The fact that they got down the aisle is amazing- they were precious!

     FIRST DANCE SONG: We didn't have one.. But our reception was fun. Ryan mixed a CD for it... complete with "The Final Countdown." We just spent our reception doing the normal stuff and visiting with family and friends.
Our cake was amazing
Groom's table- when he gets old and looses his mind, he will think he is Batman
I surprised him with a Batman on the back of the cake giving a thumbs up!

     HONEYMOON: We are leaving this week for our honeymoon. Mary (from the bridal party) is getting married on the beach in Key West next Thursday. We are leaving Sunday to drive down. We get Friday and Saturday on the beach and then we are spending 4 days in Orlando doing the Disney parks. It will be hot. But it will be fun! I'm sure I'll have an entire post dedicated to it!

     WHAT I WOULD DO DIFFERENT: Move the location closer to family. Or have more money to have it at my grandparent's church. I love their church... but it was really expensive. We paid for a lot ourselves. Otherwise, I loved our day and I married my best friend.

     I will leave you with a TON of pictures. I LOVED my photographer. She is amazing. :-)
We toasted with Hot Chocolate

Left with sparklers





3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristyn..It looked like it was a beautiful wedding. Congrats!!! Who did you link up with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the picture with you in the woods with your veil on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos!! I love the last one, how cool is that??

    ReplyDelete