Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pretty Muddy and Summer Update

     So I'm on summer break... and it's been anything but a break! The first week, my grandad was in the hospital. He had tick fever (which I realize sounds like a incredibly obnoxious redneck disease) and he is 79. It gave us quite a scare... but he's doing much better now. I lived with him and my grandmama until I was 13, so he holds a special place in my heart. 

     That weekend Hubby and I traveled to Dallas. Mama Laughlin and SkinnyMeg had been advertising this Pretty Muddy Mud Run in Dallas AND Hubby has two aunts and four cousins in Dallas, so I did something very out of character for me- I signed up to go to something where I wouldn't know anyone. And it was a BLAST! I met some really awesome people and had a good time. I will say that it would probably be more fun if I had known someone there, but then again, I may not have met new people either- so I'm calling it a win! We had an awesome time visiting with his family, too. 

     Monday I had to go back to school for a day to do some professional development. Then we headed to my hometown to see my sister play softball and visit my family for a few days. Ya'll... my sister is pretty freakin' awesome. Yes, she is 12 and hormonal, but she's a great kid. And a pretty bad ass softball player if I do say so myself. :-)

     We have been hitting the workouts pretty well. I'm feeling better about myself. I'm really watching what I'm eating. We've gone running, played racquetball, and done some good ole workouts without weight. We're still at my parents, so we're making due with what we have. And it's our only chance to play racquetball because we don't have courts in our town. 

     I'm going to leave you with a big ole picture dump of the past few weeks. I promise I'll update more! It's just been CRAY CRAY! 
Our Team- The Dirty Divas

 
Last Leg of the race- I'm behind the girl in the black tank

Crossing the finish line with Stephanie- One of the friends I made this weekend!
Lunch with Brandi and Megan
Me and Hubby at Cracker Barrel for AMAZING breakfast :-)

Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment